TV pledge volunteers answer phones and record pledges of support from donors as part of WGBH's fundraising drives. Volunteering during our live fundraising drives is a great way to meet new people, experience the thrill of being on a live TV set, and support local public media. Special guests often stop by the TV pledge set to help WGBH bring in the contributions. Jazz musician Chris Botti, master chef Lydia Bastianich, renowned author Jack Canfield — you never know whom you might run into here in our Brighton studios!
Volunteer opportunities for our TV pledge drives are available to groups of volunteers as well as individuals, space permitting.
- Attend volunteer training (during the first hour of your volunteer shift)
- Answer incoming calls from WGBH supporters, using a basic script
- Enter information into a computer database
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to speak loudly and clearly over the telephone
- Ability to hear callers over the telephone with ease
- Familiarity with using a laptop computer
- Experience with basic data entry
- Friendly disposition
- Strong command of the English language
TV pledge shifts typically range from four to six hours. You must be available for the entire shift in order to volunteer. WGBH is unable to accommodate late arrivals and/or early departures. Specific arrival and departure times vary, but volunteer opportunities associated with our TV pledge drives always take place during evenings or weekends.
Contact us at 617-300-4211 or email email@example.com to let us know how you'd like to help. Thank you!