The Development Office at WGBH is open year-round, and we always appreciate assistance with a variety of administrative tasks. These include helping with mailing projects, data entry, writing and editing scripts for the annual WGBH Auction, photocopying, making phone calls, organizing, and filing.
Office support volunteers help keep WGBH running like clockwork. Volunteering in the WGBH Development Office is a great opportunity to hone your administrative skills, meet new friends, and network with WGBH staff and volunteers.
Responsibilities Vary by Specific Position but may Include:
- Data entry into a FileMaker or Excel spreadsheet
- Folding letters and putting them in envelopes, or assembling packages
- Writing and editing scripts for the annual WGBH Auction
- Filing and/or alphabetizing documents
- Making outgoing phone calls to other volunteers, donors, and/or partner agencies
- Strong administrative skills
- Familiarity with required software (for example, Microsoft Excel and Word, FileMaker Pro)
- Experience working with Macintosh operating systems
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude
The time commitment for office support volunteers varies. Some opportunities offer the chance to come in on a weekly basis; others are more on call, as needed. However, all office support volunteer opportunities take place on weekdays during daytime business hours, so you MUST be available during this time to apply for this position.
Contact us at 617-300-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you'd like to help. Thank you!