- Jim and Margery started things off talking with Boston Herald columnist Peter Gelzinis about the guilty verdict in the trial of former Probation Department head John O'Brien. Then, attorney Harry Manion weighed in on what he thought would happen to House Speaker Robert DeLeo, whose name came up frequently during O'Brien's trial.
- Roger Brown — president of the Berklee College of Music — joined Jim and Margery to talk about his school's new graduate degree program, as well as Berklee's push to offer classes online.
- WGBH's Brian O'Donovan — host of A Celtic Sojourn — previewed WGBH's Summer Arts Weekend.
- Emily Rooney was back for her Friday Open Mic segment. Emily hosts Greater Boston and Beat the Press on WGBH channel 2.
- For the Friday News Quiz Jonathon Alsop and Josh Danoff went head-to-head over the week's headlines. Alsop and Danoff are staging a "wine and donut pairing" event — a long-overdue combination of our favorite things. Alsop runs the Boston Wine School and is the author of Wine Lover's Devotional. Danoff is co-founder of Union Square Donuts. For tickets to the wine-and-donut event, click here.