Read more coverage of this topic on WGBH's On Campus blog.
Tufts University has settled a dispute with the U.S. Education Department over compliance with sexual assault policy.
Tufts president Anthony Monaco said in a statement Friday he met this week with an Education Department representative to discuss its concerns about the university's current policies for handling campus sexual assault complaints.
Monaco said he reaffirmed the agreement the university had revoked in April after the Education Department claimed it wasn't compliant with Title IX, a federal law that prohibits sex discrimination and affects federal education funding.
The Boston-area university said then it had been working closely with the Education Department and made several improvements since the federal investigation began in 2010. Both parties said they expected a resolution.
The department is investigating sexual assault policies at 55 U.S. colleges, including six others in Massachusetts.