Boston Public Radio | July 30, 2018
- Former Massachusetts Treasurer Shannon O'Brien and political analyst Charlie Chieppo took on the week's headlines.
- Charlie Sennott, executive director of The GroundTruth Project, discussed President Donald Trump's meeting with the prime minister of Italy.
- Reporter Wes Lowery explained his latest investigation, "An Unequal Justice," about low arrest rates for homicides with black victims.
- We asked you about "Quiet Skies," the secret TSA program that targets and tracks travelers.
- Television expert Bob Thompson gave us his review of a new PBS documentary about Red Sox legend Ted Williams.
- We asked you about the state legislature dropping a statewide plastic bag ban. Are you disappointed that Massachusetts isn't leading on this issue? Or are you relieved that the ban was bagged?
- Poet Richard Blanco shared Zip Odes — short poems about neighborhoods written and submitted by BPR listeners.