In the United States, one in four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. And in nearly all domestic violence cases, there is a factor controlling victims that is hidden in plain sight: financial abuse. For more than a decade, the Allstate Foundation has worked to help victims of financial abuse through its Purple Purse fundraiser, which assists victims through financial education and grants.
- Adaias Souza, Allstate agent and Purple Purse ambassador in Somerville.
For more information regarding domestic abuse and financial abuse:
- Respond, Inc. or call (617) 623-5900
- Massachusetts Domestic Violence SafeLink or call1-877-785-2020âÂÂ
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (800-799-7233)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)