WGBH welcomes the public to our Brighton studios for screenings, lectures, music performances, and more. Events offer volunteers the opportunity to learn new skills, meet like-minded individuals, and assist in enjoyable gatherings that build support for WGBH and public media.
Responsibilities Vary by Specific Event and Position, but may Include:
- Assisting with children’s activities
- Checking in guests at a registration table and thanking them at the end of the event
- Setting up and maintaining refreshment areas
- Dressing up in a PBS character costume (previous experience preferred; must fulfill size requirements and try on costume ahead of event)
- Helping with general event flow
- Taking photos of guests
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience working with children (for events that will be attended by children)
- Professional appearance
- Friendly and easygoing personality
- Strong command of the English language
The time commitment for event volunteers varies from event to event. Volunteers generally are asked to commit to a minimum of two hours, up to a maximum of six hours. Events typically take place on evenings and weekends, though daytime events do occasionally occur on weekdays. Most event volunteer opportunities are one-time commitments.
Contact us at 617-300-4211 or email email@example.com to let us know how you'd like to help. Thank you!