- 12:00 AMMiranda Esmonde-White, The New York Timesbest-selling author of Aging Backwards, addresses the topic of chronic pain in her new pledge special FOREVER PAINLESS WITH MIRANDA ESMONDE-WHITE. The program provides a groundbreaking and eye-opening education on pain and its causes, and offers a new approach to pain management. Through compelling interviews from world-renowned health professionals attesting to the power of the body to rid itself of pain with the right approach to pain relief and management, FOREVER PAINLESS presents an accessible and widely available solution to the current pain epidemic, inspiring audiences to take their health into their own hands. In addition, interviews with individuals who have cured their chronic pain through gentle, daily exercise offer audiences moving stories of those who have suffered and triumphed.
- 1:30 AM
- 2:30 AMEveryone ages whether they like it or not. But it doesn't mean that some signs of aging can't be fixed. Have you ever thought that it would be great to have friend, who just happened to be a plastic surgeon, and you could ask anything and get a straight answer? Someone who won't judge you about your insecurities but would open up a world of insider tips, tricks, and secrets from the fields of beauty, dermatology, and plastic surgery? Well, now you do - because that's Dr. Tony Youn. Yes, plastic surgery trims waistlines and reduces wrinkles, but in The Age Fix, Dr. Youn gives easy home remedies to save you thousands of dollars and achieve the same results without surgery. Dr. Youn's goal is to offer you a way to fix your age-related skin concerns, without having in-office treatments, painful surgery, or spending a lot of money. While he acknowledges there are some instances where the only real good option is actual surgery, in most cases he offers ways to turn back the clock in a significant way without even seeing a doctor, much less a plastic surgeon. Throughout The Age Fix Dr. Youn reveals tips, tricks, and secrets - natural anti-aging tips plastic surgeons don't want you to know. With the simple changes he discusses, you'll look younger on the outside and be younger on the inside. He'll share with the single best cream to put on your skin to prevent aging, and the best cream to reverse aging, and even prevent future skin cancers. And he gives simple and easy treatments to improve most aging concerns, like age spots, wrinkles, and under eye puffiness. He demonstrates do-it-yourself anti-aging treatments, reveals the best products to tighten your skin, and simple dietary changes that can make you look and feel years younger. Your skin will glow, and you'll probably notice a few pounds fall off in the bargain. His patients love it, and viewers will, too.
- 6:00 AMPack some food and bring your backpack because Sid, Gerald, and Dad are gearing up for a big adventure! They're setting up tents for a campout in the backyard! Dad is eager to share his love of nature and demonstrates how to have a great time outside with the simplest of necessities. They look for animals, cook their own dinner, marvel at the stars in the sky, roast marshmallows, and sing songs around the campfire. And here's the best part, the viewer is invited to join the adventure and sing along!
- 6:30 AMWhile camping, Splash and Bubbles admire all of the beautiful sparkles in the sky. The kids soon think that those sparkles may have fallen from the sky into the sea when they see a brand new light show in Reeftown. / Splash, Bubbles, Dunk and Ripple play a big game of hide and seek with Tyke, the Pacific harbor seal in the Kelp Forest. When they temporarily can't find Tyke, they are relieved to learn that even though she's quite independent and curious, she won't wander far from her home.
- 7:00 AMThe Awards Show Problem - Radio City Music Hall. Peg and Cat host an awards show that can only last seven minutes. Primary Content: Minutes and seconds Secondary Content: Greater than, less than. The Wrong Headed Problem - Peg's House / Mega Mall / Prehistoric Valley / North Pole. When Peg's hat shrinks in the dryer, Mac leads Peg searching for something - anything - big enough to fit her head. Primary Content: Comparing attributes Secondary Content: Size correspondence.
- 7:30 AMIt's time for the Sweet Pea Pixies to emerge from their pods in the Pinkville Community Garden, but one pixie has trouble flying. It's up to Pinkalicious and Peter to show her how to spread her wings and take off! Pinkalicious writes a song about her favorite color for school, but no matter where she goes to practice, she keeps getting interrupted by dogs barking, frogs chirping, and cows moo'ing. But why? It's almost like they like pink as much as she does.
- 9:30 AMDigit is pet-sitting in Golftopia, taking care of Dewey, a lovable Deedle Beast. But suddenly Dewey starts going berserk on his daily walks. What's going on?! The kids arrive to help, but how do you figure out what's wrong with an animal that can't talk? The kids begin to see a pattern in the critter's odd behavior - and the plot thickens when they realize that Hacker has moved in right next door. What is the King of Chaos up to this time?
- 10:00 AMWGBH brings young, exciting, and smart back to the world of TV game shows with High School Quiz Show, an award-winning single-elimination academic team competition for high school students in Massachusetts. High School Quiz Show is hosted by radio and television personality Billy Costa.
- 10:30 AMA Case of the Sing-Alongs - When Mayor Macklemore catches a case of the Sing-A-Longs, Olive and Otto must discover the cause before the Mayor sings his way out of his job! Curriculum: Algebraic thinking; patterns. Ms. O Uh Oh - When a Ms. O from the past shows up at the office, Otto and Oscar must send her back to the day she came from or risk causing a time catastrophe. Curriculum: Measurement; calendar.
- 11:30 AMAt New York Fashion Week, host Elisa New catches up with fashion designer Johnson Hartig, Bergdorf Goodman's Betty Halbreich, shoe designer Stuart Weitzman and with fashion and poetry students from the New School to discuss Robert Pinsky's poem on labor, craft, and the threads that connect us. Back in Boston, Pinsky joins New on camera to reflect on his poem.
- 12:00 PMIn this premiere episode, Samantha visits one of the most diverse and underrated cities in the United States: Houston, Texas. From art cars to craft beer to soul-inspiring music, Samantha meets some of the most extraordinary people who guide her through the city's unique offerings. First, she meets GONZO247, a graffiti artist turned local celebrity, who has helped transition graffiti into a city embraced street art, of which further inspired Texas's oldest craft brewery to commission Gonzo's artwork for the packaging of its flagship beer. Samantha then visits a community-based initiative aimed to empower refugee women who create and sell handmade, indigenous arts and crafts. Ready for some food? Samantha visits the 2016 James Beard Award Winner, chef Hugo Ortega, at his authentic Oaxacan restaurant, Xochi, where the food is simply astounding. To top off her trip, Samantha has the distinct opportunity to meet Kam Franklin, lead singer of The Suffers, who further demonstrates what Houston is all about through music in a powerful live performance.
- 12:30 PMThis week on Weekends with Yankee, we spend an idyllic summer day on the shores of Cape Cod and stop in at the Chatham Bars Inn, named a 2017 Yankee Editors' Pick as "Best Family Lodging" in the state. There, we experience the ultimate farm-to-table dinner, featuring local seafood and an array of vegetables just picked from the hotel's own farm. Then co-host Richard Wiese heads to Rhode Island's Narragansett Bay for a surfing lesson, and learns why there's such surprisingly good wave action in New England. Lastly, it's into the woods to forage mushrooms with chef Evan Mallett, multiple James Beard Award semifinalist for Best Chef in the Northeast and co-owner of the Black Trumpet in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Back in the Test Kitchen, co-host and Yankee senior food editor Amy Traverso cooks up the ideal brunch dish: mushroom toasts with fried eggs and herbs.
- 5:00 PMWGBH brings young, exciting, and smart back to the world of TV game shows with High School Quiz Show, an award-winning single-elimination academic team competition for high school students in Massachusetts. High School Quiz Show is hosted by radio and television personality Billy Costa.
- 5:30 PMA plane crash, a fire tower and incredible views -- writer and adventurist Dianne Fallon takes us to Mount Belknap to share these and other secrets of the mountain. Dianne Fallon also known to her readers as the Maniacal Traveler writes about outdoor adventures in New England. She leads us up Mount Belknap to discover its secrets, relive history, and hear intriguing stories about the mountain.
- 8:00 PMJoin co-hosts Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna for the 29th broadcast of this night of remembrance honoring the service and sacrifice of our men and women in uniform, their families at home and all those who have given their lives for our country.
- 9:30 PMJoin co-hosts Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna for the 29th broadcast of this night of remembrance honoring the service and sacrifice of our men and women in uniform, their families at home and all those who have given their lives for our country.