Upcoming Radio Schedule
- 6:30 AMFrancine's Pilfered Paper - Thanksgiving can be a time for a long, relaxing weekend with family and friends. But for Mr. Ratburn, it's a chance to assign a five-page paper about the holiday! Instead of despairing like her friends, Francine finds the perfect Web site for her research, which she happily copies and pastes in a matter of minutes for her entire report. There's nothing wrong with that....is there? Buster Gets Real - Everyone loves the new "Top Supermarket" reality series on TV - everyone except Arthur. So when Buster stops watching Bionic Bunny to watch this popular new show, Arthur fears their friendship is over.
- 7:30 AMThe Wild Kratts arrive in Madagascar for the first time - touching down in the southern region known as the spiny desert - where they discover a group of sifaka lemurs. Soon, they are learning about these lemurs amazing vertical clinging and leaping abilities.
- 8:30 AMGeorge and Marco are excited to help their new friend Lily practice the dragon dance for the Chinese New Year parade! But when they accidentally ruin the nose on the dragon costume, it's a race against the clock to fix it in time. Can a monkey mend a dragon or will this New Years be out of luck? Monkeys LOVE bowling, especially when high scores raise money for their favorite songbird - the bobolink! But when George finds himself dodging runaway balls and flying shoes, he worries the charity event will be a bust. Could mixed-up bowling shoes be causing the chaos?
- 10:00 AMDaniel Gets Mad at Dad - On their way to the post office, Dad tells Daniel he can't play at the park, and that makes Daniel mad! Daniel feels badly about getting angry with his dad, but he learns that you can love someone even if you're mad at them. Daniel Gets Mad at His Friends - Daniel and his friends are making "Just Like Me" pictures at school today. When Miss Elaina spills red paint on Daniel's project, he gets mad at his friend. The group learns that even good friends get mad at each other sometimes. Strategy: You can be mad at someone you love. When you are ready, give them a hug!
- 12:00 PM"Stop and Smell the Flowers" - Mom takes Tiny, Buddy, and Don on a super secret daytrip to Qianzhousaurus Pond, where they meet Quentin Qianzhousaurus - a Tyrannosaur with similar features to Buddy, except for one major thing - Quentin has a long, thin snout covered in tiny horns! The kids think that Quentin's long snout gives him a super smelling sense, but after a series of tests, they realize that he and Buddy have the same sniffing power. Can Quentin and Buddy's super sniffers solve the mystery of Mom's secret daytrip? Educational Objectives: Qianzhousaurus was a Tyrannosaur from the late cretaceous with a long, narrow snout (covered in tiny horns). Tyrannosaurs came in a variety of shapes and sizes. Qianzhousaurus probably hunted much smaller prey than its super strong- jawed cousin. T. Rex. "Moms' Campout" - Mrs. Pteranodon organizes a "Moms' Campout" with other moms and kids in the neighborhood. While on the way to the campout, Mr. Conductor challenges the kids to make a real "nature connection" by creating games that push them to look at nature from a different point of view. Educational Objectives: You can't appreciate nature just by looking at it. You need to dig in and be a part of it: splashing, climbing, getting dirty, and looking at things in a whole new way. Forming a "Nature Connection" (that is, fostering a bond with the natural world) is a hands-on, full body, multisensory activity that is essential for a healthy childhood.
- 12:30 PMWhen Nick and Sally's boat sinks, they need to build another boat, but don't know how. A trip to Floating Island helps them discover that, along with needing the right material, you also need to make the shape of your boat float. Nick is in pursuit of finding out how to build a drawbridge. In Spansylvania, they meet a dragon who chases after them - and along the way they find out that some materials are better suited for bridges than others.
- 1:30 PMWhyatt goes to a pet adoption fair in Storybrook Village where he meets a little puppy who needs a family. Whyatt promises to look in a book to help until the puppy reveals he has a story of his own! As the superhero readers travel through the book Woofster Finds a Home, they find exciting ways to overcome obstacles and a new super reader joins the team! Educational Objectives: To learn what it means to find a home. Preschoolers will identify the letters N, I, C, E, practice the magic of spelling, and learn what the words "menacing," "prairie" and "no trespassing" mean! And, they'll use the power to read to change the story.
- 4:30 PMWhen Professor Pizza's birthday present is dragged away by a strong ocean current, George volunteers to take an undersea adventure in a monkey-sized submarine to retrieve it. Can the curious little monkey locate a small package at the bottom of the ocean or will Pizza's present be forever lost at sea? Double-Oh-Monkey takes on his most important case yet - to prevent Steve's well-intentioned (but always disastrous) "good luck present" from ruining Betsy's dance recital! Using his super spy skills and all five of his senses, George tracks down Steve and discovers...a bucket of wet paint?! Can George warn Betsy in time? Or will her dance recital get a splash of color?
- 8:00 PM
- 9:00 PMThe Peregrine Falcon is famously the fastest bird on earth, capable of reaching speeds of up to 242 mph in a dive. But bird specialist and trainer Lloyd Buck is convinced his peregrine Moses can go faster. How might he do it, and how do Peregrines achieve such incredible speed? With jaw dropping blue-chip footage, NOVA follows a family of Peregrine Falcons to discover how and why these kings of the skies have adapted to be fastest animals on the planet. We dive beneath the skin to unravel the secrets of their anatomy that allow them to be so quick. And we take to the skies with Moses to see if he can push the envelope and become the World's Fastest Animal.