Today on Boston Public Radio:
– NBC “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd weighed in on ongoing negotiations around federal coronavirus relief, and recapped the latest political headlines.
– We opened lines to ask listeners: With federal unemployment benefits set to expire tomorrow, do you worry that the economic hole in the U.S. is about to get deeper?
– Andrea Cabral, former Suffolk County Sheriff and Secretary of Public Safety and CEO of Ascend, discussed the passing of Herman Cain, and talked about her problem with the statewide requirement that cannabis shops foot the bill for security details.
– Mass. Rep. Mike Connolly discussed details of the state’s extended eviction moratorium, and the status of the COVID-19 Housing Stability Act, which he co-authored alongside Rep. Kevin Honan.
– Food writer Corby Kummer talked about the mysterious packages of seeds being delivered to the U.S. from China, and the valuable role that mutual aid societies are playing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
– We opened lines to ask listeners: How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your eating habits?