News didn't stop for the heat this week — here's what it looked like from the WGBH Newsroom:
• The Scrum podcast, with special guest Joanna Weiss of The Boston Globe, tackled the probation scandal trial, Marty Walsh's casino deal and, as Weiss puts it, "lady voters." Subscribe to The Scrum on iTunes or on Stitcher, or listen to the episode on The Scrum blog.
• Patricia Alvarado Núñez went looking for farm animals in Boston and found chickens in Somerville and bees in the South End.
• Dan Kennedy rounded up the latest news on the Boston Globe, including their imminent Catholic news site and their move downtown. If you missed it, Kennedy also spotlighted 10 free speech infringers with his 17th annual Muzzle Awards.
• Adam Reilly broke out of the newsroom to go hiking in Waltham with Outdoors RX, a program helping doctors prescribe time spent outdoors to kids.
• Developer Don Chiofaro dropped by Greater Boston to talk about his $1 billion waterfront development.
• And Back Bay resident Emily Rooney confessed her jealousy of Eastie residents regarding their potential $18 million windfall from Mayor Marty Walsh's deal with potential casino operator Mohegan Sun.
Have a good weekend, see you Monday.