- Would a free toaster or a tote bag entice you to sign up for a bank account? Are you more likely to sign up for wireless service if some freebie is attached? Jim and Margery asked listeners how often we all get duped by the offer of free.
- Boston Globe Editor Brian McGrorytalked about his newspaper's coverage of a man sent to debtor's prison.
- Jennifer DeLeon — former Boston Public Schools teacher — joined Jim and Margery to talk about her new book, Wise Latinas.
- Art Caplan, head of the division of medical ethics at NYU's Langone Medical Center, looked at the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision and how it may affect health plans here in the Bay State.
- Boston Globe columnist Kevin Cullen talked about his recent trip to Belfast and the simmering tensions in that city over an oral history project at Boston College.