BPR Full Show I 9/13/18
- Chuck Todd, host of NBC’s Meet the Press joined us to give his take on what’s been going on in Washington.
- Right before the start of the show, President Trump sent out a tweet disputing that 3,000 people died in Hurricane Maria, and claimed Democrats inflated the number to make him look bad. We opened up the lines to hear what our listeners thought about the president's claim.
- Journalist Anand Giridharadas talked about his new book “Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World” a searing critique of the wealthy elite who he sees as a predatory class who are exacerbating the same social problems they’re trying to solve.
- Former Suffolk County Sheriff and regular guest Andrea Cabral was back in the studio for our weekly “Law and Order” segment where we looked at how law enforcement officers cope with the trauma and stress of the job amongst other issues.
- Medical ethicist Art Kaplan went over the pitfalls of vaping. He also discussed how hospitals can be best prepared when hurricanes occur.
- WGBH science correspondent, and host of Living Lab Radio, Heather Goldstone called in to discuss how environmental policy can help us mitigate the intensity of storms like Hurricane Florence.
- Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam stopped by the studio for a spirited conversation on the legacy of JD Salinger, and the joys of eating a meal with good company.
- At the end of the show, we took a trip down memory lane (well, for some of us) back to a time when waterbeds were all the rage.