Friday on Boston Public Radio:
- Former Massachusetts Governor and 2020 presidential candidate Deval Patrick discussed his election campaign and offered his thoughts on the death of Iranian military leader Qassem Soleimani.
- We spoke with our listeners opened about techniques for getting out of bed in the morning, and the drawbacks of the snooze button.
- Emily Rooney, host of WGBH News' Beat The Press, joined us for her famous list of fixations and fulminations.
- CNN analyst Juliette Kayyem discussed the implications of Thursday’s assassination of Qassem Soleimani, and the wildfires ravaging Australia.
- Media maven Sue O’Connell discussed a same-sex kiss in the new Star Wars movie, and the Trump administration’s removal of mentions of sexual orientation from executive branch discrimination guidelines.
- Under the Radar host Callie Crossley discussed the end of Julian Castro’s 2020 campaign, and the increasingly white field of Democratic presidential candidates.
- Two environmentally sustainable business owners: Sarah Levy of Cleenland, and Samantha Putos of Bee Balm, joined us for our weekly news quiz.