- CNN's John King talked about the ongoing immigration debate, Sen. Elizabeth Warren's fundraising might, and the "sleeping class" of 2014 GOP presidential candidates.
- Ed Moloney, a writer who lead the Belfast Project at Boston College, joined Jim and Margery to talk about the project, the expectation of confidentiality, and the jailing of Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams.
- Nancy Koehn — Harvard Business School historian — looked at the demise of the Crumbs Bake Shop chain, which sold cupcakes at three locations in Boston. Can a single-item business be viable? Koehn is the author of Ernest Shackleton Exploring Leadership.
- Jim and Margery opened the lines to ask listeners how often they patronize cupcake shops, coffee shops, and other single-item businesses.
- Bob Thompson joined Jim and Margery to look at the TV landscape and Emmy nominations. Thompson is the director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture at Syracuse University.