Upcoming Radio Schedule
- 1:00 AM
- 3:00 AM
- 5:00 AM
- 8:30 AMHamster Cam - Steve's pet hamster, Hogie, is on the loose in the city streets with nothing but a small video camera tied to his back. George helps Steve track his whereabouts using clues from the hamster cam and his best monkeyish map-reading skills. But can a monkey with a map keep up with a hamster on the run? The Great Monkey Detective - It's mystery movie night at Chef Pisghetti's restaurant. But the big mystery really begins when Chef Pisghetti's cookbook suddenly vanishes! A fan of Detective Basil Know-it-All, George understands that clues are the key to solving a mystery. Will George be able to crack the case of the missing cookbook or will this mystery remain unsolved?
- 9:30 AMDaniel Thinks of Others - Daniel is making all kinds of art at school today. While making a picture for his family, he ends up using ALL of the glitter. Oh no! What if someone else needs some glitter? Teacher Harriet tells Daniel that it will be OK, but to always keep in mind that whatever you do, you should think about what other people might need, too. Daniel Thinks of What Margaret Needs - Daniel and Miss Elaina want to play their musical instruments and march all around the house, but Margaret needs to sleep and it would be way too noisy! Mom and Dad remind Daniel that he should be aware of how the things he does might affect the needs of others. Strategy: Whatever you do, think about what other people need, too.
- 10:00 AMThe Neighborhood Storm - There's a big storm coming to the Neighborhood. Daniel and his friends are a little frightened at first, but the grown up's have a plan to keep everyone safe. After the Neighborhood Storm - The big storm that came through the Neighborhood has passed. But now everything looks different, with leaves all over, trees knocked down and window shutters fallen -- it's a scary thing for Daniel and his friends to see. But they are comforted to know that everyone is safe and there are helpers everywhere, coming together to fix the Neighborhood. Strategy: Take a grown-up's hand, follow the plan, and you'll be safe.
- 12:00 PMWhen the Pteranodon family travels back to the North Pole, Don declares that it's his "winter wish" to see snow fall again. When a big blizzard comes, and even the Dinosaur Train gets snowed in, Don worries that his wish brought the blizzard. He's especially worried for his new friend, Soren Sauronitholestes, who is sitting on a nest of her eggs, out in the blizzard. But everything turns out all right: Dad explains that wishing for something doesn't make it happen, and the well-adapted, warm-blooded, feather-covered Soren successfully hatches her babies. While visiting the North Pole, the Conductor suggests that the family stop off at Aurora Borealis Station on an enormous frozen lake to see the Aurora Borealis, where the Northern Troodons celebrate a "Festival of Lights." While the kids wait for night to fall and view the Aurora Borealis, they work up an ice-skating show to entertain Mom and Dad. Everyone joins in to sing "Solstice Time is Here" and skate under the lights!
- 12:30 PMSally is convinced that a tall thin glass of juice holds more than a short wide glass so Cat takes them to Point O'View where they learn that getting evidence can cause them to change their mind. Nick and Sally wonder if they can walk on a cloud, and the Cat takes them to Mount Knowmore. As they climb, they discover that materials have different properties that allow them to be solid or fluid. And when they get to the top, they have gathered enough evidence through experience of walking through the clouds to answer the original question.
- 1:30 PMEd wants to show Whyatt a trick with her new toy, but she can't make it spin and it keeps dropping. To solve her problem, the Super Readers jump into the book The Rhyming Carnival where they meet Aidan, a boy who wants to win a stuffed purple porcupine at the carnival midway. The Super Readers help Aidan slow down so that he can find the rhyming words he needs to win the prize. Educational Objectives: To learn to slow down and keep trying when you're frustrated. Kids will practice rhyming -IG, -OP, -IN, and -AT words. They'll learn the meaning of the word TOSS and use the power to read to change the story and save the day.
- 4:30 PMGeorge and the Giant Thumb - A bored George and Allie decide to make a ginormous sculpture of Bill's sprained thumb. The duo quickly run out of clay and turn to less conventional art supplies. Peanut butter proves too sticky and shaving cream too drippy, so George and Allie use mud to finish their masterpiece. But will Bill give their art a thumbs up? Shutter Monkey - Betsy's "Out of Sight Shapes" entry for the photo contest is sure to win first prize--that is until George and Steve accidentally ruin her pictures. With some help from Steve, George runs around town trying to re-shoot the photographs. But finding the hidden shapes in things is hard for a little monkey! Can George snap 4 pictures of 4 shapes by 4:00...or are Betsy's prize-winning photos out of sight for good?
- 5:00 PM