- 12:30 AMPart one of three on the Eternal City, this episode resurrects the rubble and brings back to life the capital of the ancient world. Focusing on the grandeur of classical Rome, we marvel at the Colosseum, the Pantheon, and the empire's exquisite art. Then we go offbeat by bicycle to see the Appian Way and marvels of Roman engineering.
- 3:00 AMIn this astonishing program filled with innovative photography and scientific revelation, we investigate how our favorite pets get in touch with their wild side through play. From talkative budgies, marathon-running hamsters, wall-climbing cats and diving dogs, as well as an island where rabbits rule and a city where dogs live a secret double life - discover how our pets' playful games are just a whisker away from the wild.
- 7:30 AMWrappers Delight - Sally and Nick are trying to wrap a present for their moms. But they're having problems. Why meeting Cat's good friend Gina the Giraffe Weevil, will help! Gina shows them how she uses leaves to wrap her eggs to protect them while she waits for them to hatch. They learn how to carefully roll and fold the leaf so it doesn't rip and it protects the egg. Back at home they can finally finish wrapping their present - a statue of the Cat in the Hat! Dive Swim Scoop - There's a frog in Nick and Sally's pool! They have to get him out but can't catch him. Cat's good friend Penny the Pelican can teach them how to catch things in water! Along the way they meet a gannett who shows them how he dives deep into the water to catch his food and a cormorant that zigs and zags through the water to catch hers. But that won't help them catch the frog in their shallow pool. They finally find Penny and watch how she scoops with her big bill, like a net! Now Nick and Sally know how they can rescue the frog in their pool.
- 8:30 AMToday is the big unveiling of the Ankylosaurus dinosaur skeleton at the Museum, but it's missing a leg! George and the Man with the Yellow Hat thought they delivered all 4 bones. Where did the 4th bone go? Fortunately, Mr. Quint took pictures on their way to the Museum. Maybe the photos can lead them to the bone...if they can only figure out which order to put them in. George and Allie's imaginations run wild as they brainstorm what could be in the large unmarked box on George's doorstep. Based on its weight, sound, smell, and bristly hair, they're certain it's a baby goat! But what's really inside surprises them more than anything they could have ever imagined.
- 11:30 AMIt's art class at school, but Pig's mind is as blank as his paper! What can he paint? The super readers venture into A Magical Art Adventure and join Zora, a young artist looking for ideas. Together, Zora and the literacy superheroes explore a magical art museum where the paintings take on a life of their own! Educational Objectives: To learn about the art world. Preschoolers will play with the alphabet, practice the magic of spelling, learn what the words "art museum" mean, and use the power to read to change the story.
- 12:00 PM"Stop and Smell the Flowers" - Mom takes Tiny, Buddy, and Don on a super secret daytrip to Qianzhousaurus Pond, where they meet Quentin Qianzhousaurus - a Tyrannosaur with similar features to Buddy, except for one major thing - Quentin has a long, thin snout covered in tiny horns! The kids think that Quentin's long snout gives him a super smelling sense, but after a series of tests, they realize that he and Buddy have the same sniffing power. Can Quentin and Buddy's super sniffers solve the mystery of Mom's secret daytrip? Educational Objectives: Qianzhousaurus was a Tyrannosaur from the late cretaceous with a long, narrow snout (covered in tiny horns). Tyrannosaurs came in a variety of shapes and sizes. Qianzhousaurus probably hunted much smaller prey than its super strong- jawed cousin. T. Rex. "Moms' Campout" - Mrs. Pteranodon organizes a "Moms' Campout" with other moms and kids in the neighborhood. While on the way to the campout, Mr. Conductor challenges the kids to make a real "nature connection" by creating games that push them to look at nature from a different point of view. Educational Objectives: You can't appreciate nature just by looking at it. You need to dig in and be a part of it: splashing, climbing, getting dirty, and looking at things in a whole new way. Forming a "Nature Connection" (that is, fostering a bond with the natural world) is a hands-on, full body, multisensory activity that is essential for a healthy childhood.
- 2:00 PMToday is the big unveiling of the Ankylosaurus dinosaur skeleton at the Museum, but it's missing a leg! George and the Man with the Yellow Hat thought they delivered all 4 bones. Where did the 4th bone go? Fortunately, Mr. Quint took pictures on their way to the Museum. Maybe the photos can lead them to the bone...if they can only figure out which order to put them in. George and Allie's imaginations run wild as they brainstorm what could be in the large unmarked box on George's doorstep. Based on its weight, sound, smell, and bristly hair, they're certain it's a baby goat! But what's really inside surprises them more than anything they could have ever imagined.
- 4:30 PMA hole in the roof means George and the Man with the Yellow Hat must sleep in the living room while their bedrooms are being repaired. But their adventure quickly turns into a disaster when George's nightly trips to the kitchen keep the Man awake at night. Can George figure out a way to quietly find his way to the refrigerator in the dark? George and Hundley are amazed by all the flying machines at the museum's aviation exhibit. So when Hundley's souvenir airship flies out of reach in the lobby, he dreams he is British flying ace, Leftenant Doxie. Joined by the daring flyboy Chuck Monkey, the dynamic duo use propeller power as they race towards the finish line. When Hundley awakens from his dream, he has a few new ideas on how to get his ceiling bound toy within reach.
- 5:00 PMRichard discusses the possible causes and solutions for a frozen air conditioner; Tom fixes an end cap on a stair railing that keeps coming loose; Ross travels to Napa to tour a house that's testing a variety of interconnected smart home devices.