A few weeks prior to being the subject of a restraining order sought by his former wife, candidate for Suffolk County District Attorney Michael Maloney himself sought a restraining order against a woman he described as a former housekeeper and personal assistant.

Maloney acknowledged the restraining order during an interview on WGBH News’ Boston Public Radio.

Hosts Jim Braude and Margery Eagen asked about the incident in the context of questions around the 2014 incident, first reported by The Boston Globe, that resulted in Maloney’s former wife seeking a restraining order against him after she said he was highly intoxicated and became belligerent and threatening.

Maloney has acknowledged and apologized for that incident, calling it a mistake and his “lowest moment,” and says he and his ex-wife now enjoy an amicable relationship. That restraining order was terminated as part of the couple’s divorce settlement a year later.

Court filings obtained by WGBH News show that a few weeks prior to that incident, in October, 2014, Maloney had himself sought and obtained a restraining order against a woman he described as a housekeeper and personal assistant. WGBH News is not naming the woman mentioned, having been unsuccessful in trying to reach her for comment.

On air, Maloney acknowledged having taken out this restraining order, saying “I don’t have anything to hide.”

Maloney claimed in an affidavit to obtain the restraining order that he had fired the woman for “over-billing for work and poor performance.”

Maloney states that the woman had repeatedly texted and called him asking for her job back. When Maloney rebuffed those efforts, his affidavit states, the woman “told various persons that her employment with me was terminated because she […] and I had an affair and my wife found out. This is not true.”

Maloney’s affidavit states that the woman later told Maloney’s wife that he was having an affair with a professional colleague. He states that this was also untrue.

The restraining order was granted, but allowed to expire several weeks later when, according to court dockets, neither party appeared at a hearing.