Today on Boston Public Radio:
– We aired live audio of Gov. Charlie Baker’s Friday press conference.
– Boston Globe Editor-in-Chief Brian McGrory discussed how the paper is adapting to cover the coronavirus pandemic.
– Dr. Clayton Dalton, an ER doctor at Massachusetts General Hospital and writer for publications like The New Yorker, discussed the challenges hospitals are preparing to face as COVID-19 cases begin to spike.
– Food writer Corby Kummer discussed how the pandemic is impacting the food service industry, and touted the role that grocery store clerks are playing in the current pandemic.
– Rep. Stephen Lynch called in to talk about the emergency stimulus bill before the House on Friday.
– Tech writer Andy Ihnatko offered some tricks of the trade for video chatting, and discussed how social media companies are handling misinformation on COVID-19.
– WGBH Arts Editor Jared Bowen discussed the how local art institutions are keeping programs alive by moving online.
– We opened our lines to ask: Is your weekend still a weekend while you’re quarantined at home?