Today on the show:
- We spoke to Meet the Press’ Chuck Todd about whether Democrats and President Donald Trump will be able to forge a deal before the government shuts down again.
- We opened the lines to hear whether our listeners think Election Day should be a federal holiday.
- We spoke with CEO of Ascend, Former Suffolk County Sheriff and Secretary of Public Safety Andrea Cabral about presidential candidate Kamala Harris’ record as a prosecutor, district attorney and attorney general.
- Ali Noorani, executive director of the National Immigration Forum, joined us to discuss what the future holds for immigration reform and the fate of the "Dreamers" in Congress.
- We spoke with Sue O’Connell, host of “The Take” on NECN, about Trump’s push to ban transgender people from serving in the military.
- WGBH Science Correspondent and host of Living Lab Radio Heather Goldstone joined us to help make sense of the extremely cold weather that’s plaguing the Midwest and Massachusetts.
- Jonathon Alsop, founder of the Boston Wine School, gave us some advice on what wines to be drinking this season.
This article has been updated to reflect the correct spelling of Jonathon Alsop's first name.