Today on the show:
- We opened up the lines and asked our listeners about the government shutdown. Have you been affected? How will this end?
- Sports commentator Trenni Kusnierek looked at the challenges ahead for the New England Patriots as they take on the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Carol Rose, executive director of the ACLU of Massachusetts, explained how her organization is challenging federal immigration policy.
- New Year's resolutions are causing crowd control problems at some healthy eateries. Food writer and senior editor at The Atlantic Corby Kummer explained.
- We asked you about a new law in Oregon that allows people to harvest roadkill for food. Is this a sustainable, cheap, and humane way to eat meat? We opened up the lines and got our listeners' take.
- CNN's John King brought us the latest national news on the shutdown.
- Nancy Koehn, professor at the Harvard Business School, put the government shutdown in historical context.