A 32-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of a man whose dismembered remains were found April 4 in Cambridge.
Carlos Colina was ordered held without bail Tuesday in the killing of 26-year-old Jonathan Camilien. Colina had been held on $1 million bail on the original charges of improper disposal of remains and assault and battery, upgraded last week to first-degree murder.
The Boston Globe reports (http://bit.ly/1FGatCs) Camilien's mother and other relatives attended the arraignment, a day after Camilien's funeral. His uncle Pierre Joseph said Camilien "had a good spirit about him that always brought people together."
Remains were discovered first in a duffel bag on a walkway near Kendall Square, and more were found later in Colina's apartment building nearby. Authorities have said the men knew each other but haven't given details.