- Bill Martel — professor at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts — discussed recent developments in Iraq. Martel debated the need for US intervention, whether to bolster the Iraqi government and military.
- Callie Crossley talked about the demise of a bill in the US Senate to alleviate some of the nation's student loan debt. Callie also looked at Hillary Clinton's "we were broke" declaration, and the life and times of actor and playwright, Ruby Dee. Callie is the host of Under the Radar with Callie Crossley, which airs Sundays at 6 PM on 89.7 FM.
- Filmmaker John Waters joined Jim and Margery to talk about his new book about hitchhiking, called Carsick: John Waters Hitchhikes Across America. Waters is known for films like Pink Flamingos and Hairspray.
- Emily Rooney joined Jim and Margery for her Friday Open Mic segment. Before she left, Emily treated Jim and Margery to another edition of Emily's List.
- For the Friday News Quiz it was a battle of the bards — poets January O'Neil and Jill McDonough went head-to-head. They're both on the advisory board of Mass Poetry, which has embarked on drives to put poetry up on MBTA trains. They've just finished an IndieGogo campaign to keep poems on the trains up through the summer. Read more about it here.