Docents provide behind-the-scenes tours that include a visit to WGBH’s TV and radio production facilities, performance spaces, and more. Our Brighton studios provide the perfect venue to welcome the public for screenings, live music, and other events that amplify the impact of public media. Read more about our studio tour program.
- Provide top-quality tours to WGBH visitors, including the general public, community groups, school groups, members, and donors
- Promote WGBH membership and events on tours
- Attend docent training and update meetings (see Time commitment)
- Previous experience with public speaking and customer service required
- Enthusiasm for public radio and television
- Interest in presenting educational information to a wide audience (including adults, children, contributors, and community members)
- Must be at least 18 years of age; college degree preferred
- Must have valid email address Able to stand for periods of time
- Minimum of one-year volunteer commitment
- Participate in eight-week docent training
- Arrive at least half an hour prior to each scheduled tour
- Must commit to at least two tours per month
- Attend approximately six docent update meetings per year
Contact us at 617-300-4211 or email email@example.com to let us know how you'd like to help. Thank you!