Upcoming Radio Schedule
- 12:00 AMHear from Dr. Fuhrman about the crisis of obesity and chronic disease plaguing America. Get his revolutionary health plan - which is not about will power but about knowledge and a healthy, effective, and scientifically proven plan for shedding weight quickly and reclaiming the vitality and good health.
- 2:30 AMActor Patrick McKenna is after the truth. "Everything you think you know about ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is wrong." In this uplifting and entertaining documentary he talks to researchers, specialists and doctors about ADD and ADHD. He also chats with ordinary Canadians & Americans who are directly dealing with the challenges of this common problem. Interwoven with these insights, Patrick shares his own life story and his personal struggle with undiagnosed and untreated ADHD, and, now, his success in living with adult ADD. Though the suffering is real, Patrick is interested in the good news. When ADD is diagnosed and treated, life can become very sweet. A liability can become an asset. As one expert explains, "This is not a diagnosis to fear. This is a diagnosis to understand and embrace." The program amuses and amazes us by actually presenting the facts-what is known for sure. Patrick and director and co-host Rick Green lead viewers through a lively romp about the symptoms of adult ADD and the five keys to turning ADD from a hidden handicap that sabotages your life to an ally that allows you to soar. The production techniques are fantastic! Patrick laughs at the lies, busts the myths, and finally takes on the most controversial aspect of ADD - medication!
- 5:00 AMThe relationship between man and his noble steed is almost as old as civilization itself. Ever since the mysterious beginning of our extraordinary partnership, horses helped shape the human world. At the speed of a horse, our ancestors conquered distances and built empires. Together, humans and horses flourished side by side. What makes us so perfect for each other?
- 6:00 AMMister Rogers takes Barney, the dog, out for a walk. In the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, Ana decides what she'd really like for her birthday is a kitten. Lady Elaine Fairchilde is very busy planning a big birthday parade for Ana with a whale, apes, and Purple Panda.
- 8:00 AMThe Man with the Monkey Hands - After warning George about the poison ivy lurking in the park, the Man with the Yellow Hat loses his balance and lands hands first in a brush of the itchy, poisonous leaves! With his hands bandaged, he'll need help with everyday tasks such as brushing his teeth, making dinner, even typing a letter. So being a clever little monkey, George invents some ingenious ways to make the Man's life seem normal - like wearing swim fins to assist in picking apples off the floor and taping salad forks to his arms to act as temporary hands. But George's creations are put to the ultimate test when the Man has to present Professor Wiseman's newest invention to the science board, salad forks and all! Whistle Pig Wednesday - "Whistlepig Wednesday," Mr. Glass' unique version of Groundhog Day, is an annual city tradition of predicting when winter will start. Every year on the last Wednesday of August, Sherry the Whistlepig emerges from her burrow. If she sees her shadow, it means cold weather is coming. But what makes Sherry's shadow so special? To find out, George and his animal friends camp out at Sherry's burrow, but fall asleep while waiting for her to wake up. At the shadow ceremony, Mr. Glass mistakes a sleeping George and each one of his friends for a whistlepig and presents them for the world to see. But does a monkey, dog, cat, or pigeon shadow count?
- 9:30 AMTo protect themselves from Hacker's constant attempts to capture cybersite Happily-Ever-After, the King and his fairy-tale subjects construct a glass Skywall to keep Hacker out of the kingdom. But Hacker unfolds a brilliant scheme to crack open the Skywall - using the Wicked Witch's Voice! Can the kids use models to outwit Hacker before Wicked sings?!! The Big Idea: Make a model - a simplified version of something complicated - and you can easily and safely understand how it works. Math Topic: Using Models NCTM Links: Geometry.
- 10:00 AMBACKYARD CAMPING - Becky, Violet and TJ want to try their hand at roughing it in the great outdoors... so they set up a tent in the Botsford backyard. Though TJ spends the night trying to frighten the girls with his best ghost stories, the night gets really scary when the Energy Monster breaks loose, making Violet confront her fear of the dark and WordGirl her fear of... spiders? Vocabulary Words: Portable, Farfetched. THE POWER OF WHAMSHIP - It's a day at the beach for both superheroes and super villains. However, while Becky and Bob bicker over how to properly build a sand castle, The Whammer and Invisi-Bill form a new (crime-filled) friendship at the Villian School Barbeque. Can this friendship be the key to finally defeating WordGirl and Huggy, or will our superheroes resolve their differences in time to stop the crime spree? Vocabulary Words: Collaborate, Solo.
- 12:30 PMIn the 1800's, J. Rieger & Co. was the largest mail-order whiskey maker in the U.S when prohibition forced them to permanently shut their doors. 90 years later, Kansas City bartender Ryan Maybee discovered a faint Rieger billboard on the site of his new establishment and made it his lives mission to resurrect the brand with the only remaining heir to the Rieger name. Watch how Maybee and Andy Rieger resurrect a family legacy and build an incredible business in the process.
- 1:00 PMCaleb Benson is a 10 year veteran of the USCG and now the co-owner/operator of Flip Side Ninja Park with his wife Emily. Both fitness fanatics, Caleb and Emily abandoned their careers to chase something they both truly loved, fitness and helping people stay active and improve their health. So they put their house up for collateral and started an indoor ninja training facility in Arkansas.
- 1:30 PMMax Younger watched his dad struggle with crutches for years, but when his father finally had a leg amputation, Max and his wife Lilliana sprang into action to design a new style of crutch that was easier, safer, more comfortable, and allowed people mobility without compromise. Starting the company Mobility Designed, the Younger's drastically improved a design that hadn't changed since the Civil War.
- 4:00 PMThe relationship between man and his noble steed is almost as old as civilization itself. Ever since the mysterious beginning of our extraordinary partnership, horses helped shape the human world. At the speed of a horse, our ancestors conquered distances and built empires. Together, humans and horses flourished side by side. What makes us so perfect for each other?