Upcoming Radio Schedule
- 12:30 AMProduced live at WGBH Studios in Boston, Basic Black is the longest-running program on public television focusing on the interests of people of color. The show, which was originally called Say Brother, was created in 1968 during the height of the civil rights movement as a response to the demand for public television programs reflecting the concerns of communities of color.
- 4:00 AM
- 6:00 AMDaniel's Very Different - Day Daniel was expecting to have a special picnic at Katerina's house, but the day doesn't turn out quite as he had planned. Daniel learns how to adapt when his routine changes. Class Trip to the Library - Daniel and his friends are excited to go on a field trip to the library, but they arrive to find that it's closed. Together, they learn that sometimes plans may change, but they can do things in a different way! Strategy: Things may change and that's okay. Today we can do things a different way.
- 10:30 AMFood just tastes better outside, especially at sporting events, outdoor concerts and holiday celebrations. Sara's got some great choices - Homemade Beer Bread with Pulled Chicken Barbecue and Refrigerator Pickles. Then a cool, sweet and salty Two Melon Salad with Feta and Prosciutto, served with Cold Pea Soup with Shrimp and Carrot Garnish. Sara even shows you how to pack it all for an outdoor feast.
- 11:00 AMIs there anyone who doesn't love Italian food? In this episode, Martha shares her modern take on four favorites: a decadent eight-layer pork ragu and bechamel-filled lasagna baked in individual ramekins, chicken Parmesan with an easy twist, an enormous raviolo with an egg yolk and rich ricotta-spinach filling, and two variations of linguine with clam sauce-red and white. Each is guaranteed to be a hit with friends and family.
- 12:30 PMPati spends the day in Los Cabos with local legend Edith Jimenez, who worked her way up from waitress to living out her dream of owning the restaurant. Edith uses recipes from locals to preserve the area's culture and history, so she takes Pati to the small town of Miraflores to experience the traditional dishes for herself.
- 1:00 PMThis week Moveable Feast with Fine Cooking heads to The Casitas Estate nestled in San Luis Obispo County, California's wine country. Host Pete Evans joins chefs Alex Thomopoulos and Jeff Olsson at the Spanish-style hacienda overlooking vineyards and rolling hills. Feast your eyes on whipped goat cheese with caramelized agave and fried rosemary, porchetta, and grilled tomahawk steaks, as the sun dips behind the crest of the distant mountains.
- 2:00 PMThis week on Simply Ming, Emmy Award-winning actor, producer, and restauranteur Billy Dec joins Ming in the kitchen to share some flavors from his Philippines roots. Billy cooks up a classic adobo pork belly bao with oozing fried egg, while Ming follows with a vegetarian version of an apple tofu bao. Asian comfort foods, two ways, right here on Simply Ming.
- 3:00 PMBridget and Julia uncover the secrets to making foolproof all-butter pie dough and chocolate cream pie, and tasting expert Jack Bishop challenges Bridget to a tasting of cocoa powder. Finally, test cook Elle Simone makes Julia a decadent dark chocolate fudge sauce.
- 5:00 PMTom discusses difference between blueboard and drywall, and the solar array is properly sized. Jeff and Tom install a wood ceiling. On Ask This Old House, Mark replaces a concrete walkway with brick, and Kevin builds a table with Jimmy DiResta.
- 10:00 PM
- 11:00 PMProduced live at WGBH Studios in Boston, Basic Black is the longest-running program on public television focusing on the interests of people of color. The show, which was originally called Say Brother, was created in 1968 during the height of the civil rights movement as a response to the demand for public television programs reflecting the concerns of communities of color.