Upcoming Radio Schedule
- 12:30 AMAs he's done with previous programs on Israel, Egypt, and Eastern Turkey, Rick takes us beyond Europe to a place that's rich with history...and mystery. In this first of two half-hour shows on Iran, Rick dodges traffic in Tehran, enjoys the tranquility of a nearby village, and encounters both anti-American propaganda and a warm welcome from everyday Iranians.
- 1:00 AM
- 3:00 AMTom discusses difference between blueboard and drywall, and the solar array is properly sized. Jeff and Tom install a wood ceiling. On Ask This Old House, Mark replaces a concrete walkway with brick, and Kevin builds a table with Jimmy DiResta.
- 6:30 AMThe Blackout - It's the hottest day in Elwood City, when a total blackout leaves its residents without any electricity. Will Arthur and DW survive without AC and TV? Luckily, the Molina family steps in to teach the Reads a lesson on how to keep cool and have fun as a community even under the toughest of weather conditions! Mei Lin Takes a Stand - Binky's baby sister Mei-Lin isn't keen on learning to walk and would rather stick to crawling. But then Baby Kate and Pal's flea friends, brothers Sale and Pepe, return to Elwood City and share a tale of a little princess in the land of "Hanzan-Niis" who learns to walk in order to save her beloved court jester. Will Mei Lin be inspired to take a stand or continue to stumble?
- 8:30 AMWheels on the Bus - Running late for an important meeting at the Glass Palace, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat decide to take the bus rather than walk. But when George and the Man get off at the wrong stop, the bus leaves with the Man's portfolio still inside! Determined to retrieve the important drawings AND make it to the meeting on time, George jumps in a basket on a bicycle. The Man orders a baffled taxi driver to follow that monkey on the bicycle to catch the bus to get his portfolio! With the clock ticking, will either of them catch up to the bus and arrive at the meeting in time? Seed Trouble - George loves eating at Chef Pisghetti's restaurant! When Chef explains that he can't grow enough vegetables to keep his customers fed, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat offer to start their own garden to help the Chef out. The garden is ready to be planted, when Compass and his pigeon friends eat some of the seeds! George dumps the seeds into one jar to keep them safe... and learns too late that different seeds can't be planted together. Can George figure out how to separate and identify the seeds, and keep Chef Pisghetti in business?
- 9:30 AMKing Daniel for the Day In this special full-length episode, Daniel Tiger is curious about what it's like to be King. There's only one way to find out? King Friday makes Daniel "King for the Day!" On his royal mission, Daniel discovers that the most important part of being King is being kind to his neighbors. Strategy: You can choose to be kind.
- 10:00 AMThe Tiger Family is heading out on a road trip to Grandpere's house! At first, Daniel doesn't know what to expect on the ride, but when Mom Tiger gives him a helpful map, he learns that there are so many exciting things to do and see when you're on a trip with your family. Strategy: There are so many things to do and see, when you're on a trip with your family.
- 12:00 PMThe Amazing Michelinoceras Brothers - The Pteranodon family travels deep underwater on the Dinosaur Train to view two backwards-bounding brothers named Max and Mitch Michelinoceras. The kids are delighted to see that Max and Mitch put on a synchronized swimming show. Dads' Day Out - Buddy, Tiny, and Mr. Pteranodon join Annie Tyrannosaurus and Leroy Lambeosaurus and their dads for a Dads' Day at the Big Pond. It's all fun and games until it starts to rain, and they all have to take cover in a cave they've never noticed before.
- 12:30 PMBiggest Bird - Sally and Nick are pretending to be birds, because it's fun to fly! But not all birds can fly, says the Cat. His friend Os the ostrich can't fly, but he can do oh so many other things! Why don't they go meet him and try to guess what he's best at doing? Off to Savannah Saloo! They guess that he's good at being big, a really fast runner, growing beautiful feathers and seeing really far away! But those aren't what he does best. They meet Os' wife and ostrich chicks and realize that being moms and dads are what ostriches do best! Just like Nick and Sally's moms and dads! Drum Di Drum - Nick and Sally are trying to make some music, but they need drums. What about the drums in your ears? asks the Cat. Drums in ears?? Dr. Giggles will teach them all about it! By shrinking down super small, they go inside Thing One's ear to explore. They get to the ear drum and learn that it's not for making sounds, but for catching them! Back at home they play their music, and thank their ear drums for being able to hear it!
- 1:30 PMWhyatt's mom tells him that he's wasting water. This is a really big problem and he's not sure how to fix it. So the Super Readers dash into the Australian folk tale of Tiddalick the Frog and make the acquaintance of a funny amphibian whose puddle jumping is using up all the water and leaving his neighbors in the dust - literally! As the Super Readers help Tiddalick and his dry friends, they learn how important water is to the planet along with a valuable lesson about conservation. Educational Objectives: To learn about the environment, play with the alphabet, and identify the letters F-R-O-G. Young viewers will practice the magic of spelling and use the power to read to change the story.
- 4:30 PMGeorge Digs Worms - Why is Bill yelling at a mound of dirt? He's worm racing! George turns to a pile of decomposed leaves to find his own prize worm and challenges Bill's "Fast Freddy" to a race. Pretty soon, the entire countryside catches worm-racing fever and watch as George's worm, named "Ooh Ooh Ahh Ahh," races its way to the championship. But when Mr. Quint takes the wrong lunchbox on his fishing trip, George's worm farm is in danger of becoming fish bait! Can George save his slimy friends in time for the championship race? Everything Old is New Again - The city is awarding the "Golden Arrows Award" to the building that collects the most recycling. George is eager to help-once he learns what recycling actually is, of course. The building's Doorwoman next door turns out to be tough competition, so George hunts down recycling materials from everywhere he can think of. The only problem is, he doesn't know that he only recycle products after they've been used! Will the tenants with the missing recyclables forgive a monkey who's not just trying to win a contest, but also save the environment?
- 7:30 PMProduced live at WGBH Studios in Boston, Basic Black is the longest-running program on public television focusing on the interests of people of color. The show, which was originally called Say Brother, was created in 1968 during the height of the civil rights movement as a response to the demand for public television programs reflecting the concerns of communities of color.
- 9:00 PM