2020 is on the horizon, but the 2019 Boston City Council election is around the corner — and heating up fast. And in the South End, an iconic figure is retiring – its mailman of more than 32 years. And finally, how is Massachusetts spending its settlement money from the Volkswagen emissions scandal? It’s our local news round table.
Jennifer Smith - News editor of the Dorchester Reporter
Gin Dumcius - Boston-based reporter for MassLive.com
Seth Daniel - Senior reporter with the Independent News Group, which includes the Chelsea Record and Revere Journal.
Read some of the stories we discussed today:
- School on South End’s Edge Fighting Discarded Needles, Homeless Encampments
- At-large hopefuls join council incumbents in growing ’19 field
- Cannabis diversity eyed in council hearing
- For Massachusetts city and town officials eyeing marijuana businesses, this forum seeks to demystify the new industry
- VW emissions scandal: Here's how Massachusetts is starting to spend $75 million in settlement money
- Ax-throwing bar 'Urban Axes' opens in Somerville's Union Square
- USES Releases RFP for Tubman House