BPR Full Show | Jan. 11, 2019
On today's episode of Boston Public Radio:
- Today is supposed to be payday for more than 800,000 federal workers, but the government shutdown means they won't be getting their paychecks. We opened up the lines and asked you: Are you one of them? If you didn't receive a paycheck, how are you managing?
- Emily Rooney, host of Beat the Press, shared his famous list of observations and frustrations.
- Boston Mayor Marty Walsh took our questions and yours on how the government shutdown is impacting Boston, a report on sexism in the Boston Fire Department, and more.
- Reporter Sean Murphy, who pens the Boston Globe's column "The Fine Print," shared the latest consumer predicaments he's tackled.
- Callie Crossley, host of Under the Radar with Callie Crossley, weighed the possibility of a future in politics for Michelle Obama.
- The duo behind the Eat Plants/Drink Beer blog, Lorelei Plotczyk and Craig Tamble, faced off on our Friday News Quiz (and tried to convince Jim and Margery to give veganism a try.)