Unit Manager, Production Services (Boston)
Job Requisition #
Management, Full Time
The WGBH Production Group is the oversight department for WGBH television operations. The Production Group is comprised of two divisions: The Studios which manages studio and EFP production and handles Fraser Studio scheduling and billing for Radio operations; and the WGBH OutPost, which provides post-production services, and tape floor operations. Engineering oversees technology and maintenance for the transmitter sites, on-air broadcast facilities, WGBH public spaces and remote studio at Boston Public Library.
This position supports the purchasing, administrative, scheduling and billing aspects of several departments within the technology division including: Production Group, Engineering, IT, WGBH Public Spaces and the remote studio at Boston Public Library. WGBH uses Workday for its financial system and Media Pulse for rebilling and scheduling. The technology unit manager will work a majority of the time in these two systems.
- 50% - Under the direction of the Business Manager(s) for the technology group and utilizing the Workday financial system handles a variety of purchasing related tasks including requisitions, purchase orders, invoicing, credit details, and vendor communication. Handles inventory related information for monthly billing, and monthly purchasing card allocations.
- 10% - Under the direction of the Unit Manager for Operations processes monthly internal & external billing in the Xytech Media Pulse system. Rebilling labor hours, facilities & equipment; as well as any gear rented or supplied by The Production Group. Enters all billable data through the course of the monthly billing cycle, reconcile & batch work orders to prepare for the monthly upload according to proscribed Accounting Department monthly close schedule. Runs Unbilled work order report at month’s end.
- 10% - Working closely with the Operations Manager for Post Production handles the reconciliation and final billing for all post-production, tapefloor work, and APT Uplinks. Handles purchasing of tape stock and DVD’s, monthly purchasing card allocations.
- 10% - Assists Senior Studio Operations manager with Workday hiring and terminations of temporary workers, and other Workday related tasks such as resolving payroll errors. Submits freelancer hiring information through the ICON verification process.
- 10% - Enters contracts in PIM, obtains insurance certifications, and other contract related duties.
- 10% - General admin, i.e. reports and statements, information for auditor requests and Mass Film Tax Credit. And other duties as assigned.
5-7 years work experience in accounting, purchasing and or billing related field where customer service skills were key. Candidate must have attention to detail. Good interpersonal and communication skills to interface with a wide range of production and technology customers. Business experience in a production, IT or media related field would be a plus but not required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.