Interactive Web/Game Developer - Digital (Boston)
Job Requisition #
Interactive Web/Game Developer
Management, Full Time
WGBH Digital serves as the Foundation's research, development and production team for new media technologies. We work with the national production, kids and education units to produce a variety of media-rich Web sites, applications, games and other digital experiences.
Reporting directly to the Director of Technology, the Interactive Web/Game Developer will be focusing on a variety of digital kids’ projects. Working collaboratively with producers and designers, you will develop games for several PBS KIDS projects including Design Squad, Ruff Family, Molly from Denali & Pinkalicious.
You will be an active participant in the games design process, attending brainstorms, development meetings, and user testing with children. You should have an interest and enthusiasm for working with education and children’s media.
• Create cutting edge user experiences from design through launch
• Build responsive &/or native experiences for desktop, tablet & mobile
• Translate sketches, wireframes and/or rich comps into mockups, prototypes & production level code
• Write maintainable, self-documenting & performant code
• Recommend & apply appropriate technologies, libraries & frameworks to meet project needs
• Follow design & product direction and specification
• Experience building interactive web experiences/games using CreateJS
• Experience designing and developing native apps for iOS (Objective-C or Swift)
Bonus tools, skills & experience:
• Audio encoding with character synchronization
• Animation software including AfterEffects and Harmony
• Experience creating cross-platform apps with Unity3d
• Atlassian Tool suite (Bitbucket, Jira & Confluence)
• Experience with built tools like Grunt & Gulp
• Communicates effectively in writing and in person
• Collaborates well within small cross-functional teams
• Able to take the initiative, think independently & make recommendations
• Strong critical / creative thinking and problem-solving ability
• Detail-oriented & organized
Experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably with online media
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience (5+ years).