Featured Jobs - Business Manager - Studio Six (Boston)
Job Requisition #
Management, Full Time
National Programming's Studio Six Department is a quick turnaround production unit, which develops, produces and presents a number of ongoing series and special programs for outlets including PBS, APT, pbs.org, wgbh.org, and others. Among recent productions are: Third Rail, Rare, Lidia Celebrates America, Lidia’s Kitchen, Simply Ming, Moveable Feast with Fine Cooking, Weekends with Yankee, Born to Explore, In the Mind of the Chef, Rough Cut, and many others.
The Studio Six team also researches and develops select R&D projects under the direction of the VP of National Productions and the Executive in Charge of Studio Six for PBS, primetime and other Cable / Digital Media outlets.
The Business Manager, under the supervision of the Studio Six lead Business Manager, is responsible for supporting financial, administrative, reporting and compliance activities for Studio Six. As a member of the unit’s business team, the Business Manager plays an important role in supporting financial processes and other general management tasks including compliance related processes, legal and other general administrative functions.
Under the supervision of the Lead Business Manager, the Business Manager will:
• Perform financial analysis. Monitor revenue and expenses and track and report (monthly, quarterly, annually) on budget activity, working closely with the Production Finance office
• Prepare quarterly financial reports on all department activity to report to various internal and external stakeholders
• Prepare funder financial reports
• Complete production insurance paperwork
• In partnership with Legal and Contracts Manager, is responsible for the administration of talent contracts and payments
• Administer purchasing card process and monthly reconciliation
• Enter legal and financial data into WGBH systems
• Collaborate with Unit Manager on completion of AP, AR & payroll
• Adhere to and manage compliance in accordance with WGBH policies
• Support department with related Human Resources administrative tasks such as job postings and onboarding of new hires
• Assist in the preparation of production budgets
25% Revenue/Expense tracking & forecasting
20% General administration of AP/AR, PCard and Payroll
10% Financial reporting
10% Union Talent contracts and hiring
10% Budget development
10% Liaising with other WGBH departments such as Production Finance, Accounting, Legal and Human Resources
10% Contribute to organizational activities for Studio Six production unit
5% Other duties as assigned
• Two to three years’ experience in finance and budget management, analysis, and development.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cultivate productive working relationships with internal and external clients.
• Proven ability to generate accurate, detailed reports.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Results and detail oriented.
• Familiarity with basic human resources procedures.
• Ability to contribute to strategic and long-range project planning.
• Computer fluency, especially in Excel, and financial software required.
• Knowledge of Workday a plus.
• Proficiency with databases (Filemaker Pro) and MSWord preferred.
• Familiarity with film production a plus.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.