Data Marketing Specialist - Local Development and Marketing (Boston)
Job Requisition #
Data Marketing Specialist
Management, Full Time
Local Development & Marketing
The Membership Department is part of the Local Development Division, which enables the WGBH Educational Foundation to carry out its mission by raising necessary funds from individuals for current program support and special projects for TV, Radio, and the Web. The Membership Department oversees fundraising and relationship building through direct mail and email solicitations for WGBH TV and Radio, WCAI Radio and WGBY TV/Springfield and other client stations.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Data Marketing Specialist would be responsible for:
- Manage all data inquiries and query requests from the Membership Marketing team, providing output files for all direct mail and telemarketing campaigns for WGBH, WGBY, WCAI and other client stations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all data related issues within the Membership Marketing team, escalating issues as needed to the Tech Solutions team
- Design, develop and implement segmentations, queries and basic data analysis from database schemas
- Validate integrity and accuracy of all data this position provides
- Working with the Marketing Managers and Program Marketing Coordinators, provide mailing lists, calling lists, file layouts, segmentation counts and projections, criteria selection details, query pull dates, campaign codes and more.
- Strictly adhere to multiple deadlines
- Report regularly to the Membership Marketing Manager on query performance, successful implementation of segmentation strategies, and system related issues.
- Prepare and conduct ad hoc trainings as needed
- Maintain an online filing system for all selection rules, data flows, and interactions.
- Create, maintain and share a detailed calendar of projects and deadlines
- Maintain updated documentation on all processes related to respective project areas.
Knowledge of Salesforce, Red Point or other relational database required. Proficiency with Python and Microsoft Excel are essential. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment overseeing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines is essential, along with proven administrative and organizational skills, extreme attention to detail, and willingness to adapt to changing responsibilities. Candidates must have above average mathematical aptitude, excellent spreadsheet and statistical skills, and be highly computer literate.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years work experience preferred.