Client Specialist - Digital Marketing (Boston)
Job Requisition #
Confidential, Full Time
The Digital Marketing Services unit as part of the Local Development Marketing Division at WGBH collaborates with internal teams to maximize digital engagement and membership revenue for client public media stations across the country. The division drives fundraising technology and membership strategy, specializing in one-to-one relationship building and driving membership revenue for our client stations.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager for Digital Marketing, the Client Specialist will be a primary point of contact on the Digital Marketing Services team for onboarding new clients into our Membership Service Bureau, monitoring and triage of client case management system, and internal escalation support, on any and all digital marketing matters specific to our station customers.
The Client Specialist will create and maintain strong, long-lasting team-oriented relationships with internal stakeholders. A typical day would include working together with staff from membership marketing, data management, digital marketing production, and CRM services to ensure successful delivery of our solutions while maintaining the highest standard of quality.
Other activities include:
- Capturing information to communicate progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Traffic issues and assign/escalate tasks to the digital marketing team as needed.
- Manage onboarding process by collecting assets from client stations, sharing information with Client Services, or the station directly, and updating a master project management plan.
- Summarize trends in case of subject matter, volume, turnaround time during the weekly meeting with Ops Director, Manager, and Supervisor.
- Facilitate/work alongside Client Services to address/follow up on/resolve asks made by the client during status calls.
- Assign high severity requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Contribute to a working environment that leverages the potential and diversity of the department’s staff.
- Basic account management or other relevant experience in a digital marketing or digital fundraising environment.
- Emotional intelligence and desire to deftly communicate, present and influence trust and credibly at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while paying attention to detail and remaining calm.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Patience, a calming presence, and the ability to maintain optimism when confronted with adversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Digital marketing or fundraising interest and experience preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with marketing automation software, email automation systems, collaboration tools, and general office software applications (e.g. MS-Office).
- Previous experience working with external clients preferred.
Bachelor's degree required.