- WGBH Studios
- 1 Guest St.
- Boston, MA 02135
WGBH Innovation IdeaLab: THE CHANGEMAKERS
- 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Through the generosity of The Kendeda Fund, WGBH will host its 8th annual Innovation IdeaLab on Tuesday, October 30. The popular IdeaLab convenes powerful speakers, thought leaders, grassroots activists, foundation representatives, and top WGBH executives and producers for an inspiring day of new ideas for public media programming.
With sessions on Saving Nature, Creating Work with Purpose, and Designing Green & Equitable Cities, IdeaLab speakers will help us explore bold and practicable visions for building a positive future.
Moderators: Miles O’Brien, PBS NewsHour and Kara Miller, Innovation Hub
8:30am - Continental Breakfast
9am - Welcome & Introduction
- Jon Abbott, President and CEO, WGBH Educational Foundation
Session One: Saving Nature, Saving Ourselves
- Keynote: Bill McKibben, Author, Educator, Environmentalist
- Tara Houska, Campaigns Director, Honor the Earth; Attorney, Couchiching First Nation
- Chad Brown, U.S. Navy (ret.); Founder, Soul River Runs Deep
- Lucy Cooke, Zoologist, Author, Broadcaster
11am - Break
11:20am - Session Two: The Future of Work
- Greg Asbed, Coalition of Immokalee Workers; MacArthur Fellow
- Rodney Foxworth, Executive Director, Business Alliance for Local Living Economies
- Krisztina “Z” Holly, Founder, MAKE IT IN LA; Host, The Art of Manufacturing podcast
- Byron Auguste, CEO and Co-Founder, Opportunity@Work
1:10pm - Lunch
2:15pm - Session Three: Designing Green and Equitable Communities
- Michael Murphy, Architect & CEO, MASS Design Group
- Yorman Nuñez, Bronx Cooperative Development Initiative; MIT CoLab; Grist 50 Fixer
- Damon Rich, Designer & Urban Planner Newark, Hector Design; MacArthur Fellow
- Karilyn Crockett, Author, People Before Highways; MIT Urban Studies and Planning
4:15-6pm - Wine & Cheese Reception
Watch the trailer for the 2018 Innovation IdeaLab for an overview of the event:
Full sessions from last year’s Innovation IdeaLab are available on the WGBH Forum Network.
This is an invitation-only event.