Basic Black: Free Speech and Fair Play
May 15, 2015
This week on Basic Black: When free speech slams into race and social media on the college campus: controversy erupts over racially-charged tweets sent by incoming Boston University sociology professor Saida Grundy. Also, in the midst of Deflategate, with domestic violence, child abuse, and drug abuse as part of professional football, we ask if the NFL really knows how to prioritize its penalties.
- Latoyia Edwards, Anchor, New England Cable News
- Phillip Martin, Senior Reporter, WGBH News
- Kim McLarin, Associate Professor of Writing, Literature, and Publishing, Emerson College
- Peniel Joseph, Professor of History, Tufts University
- Dwayne Thomas, Chair and Associate Professor of Sports Management, Lasell College
Photo: (Left) Professor Saida Grundy, Twitter profile. (Right) Tom Brady, January 18, 2015, (AP Photo/Elise Amendola, File).