Basic Black: Gentrification... and the tipping point
Original broadcast date: April 25, 2014
A November 2013 report by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland found that Boston is experiencing one of the fastest rates of gentrification of cities in the US. This week on Basic Black, we look at how gentrification changes the nature and culture of a community and how Boston's impacted communities are responding.
- Latoyia Edwards, anchor, NECN
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, WGBH News
- Janelle Chan, Executive Director, Asian Community Development Corporation
- Derek Lumpkins, Executive Director, Discover Roxbury
- Carlos Espinoza-Toro, Director of Community Organizing, Jamaica Plain New Economy Transition