Basic Black After The Broadcast: What 12 Years A Slave Means Today
After the broadcast the conversation continued to explore how films like 12 Years A Slave can also be commentaries on contemporary times in African American life: educational and wealth gaps, stereotypes of black men and women, infant mortality, health disparities, achievement...
- Callie Crossley, TV and radio host, WGBH
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, WGBH News
- Kim McLarin, cultural critic and assistant professor of Writing, Emerson College
- Peniel Joseph, professor of History, Tufts University
- Gayle Pemberton, professor of English and African American Studies, Wesleyan University