Basic Black: Race, Class, and Obesity
This week, Massachusetts announced that schools will no longer send letters home to parents indicating whether a child was obese or overweight. Our conversation on Basic Black will focus on contributing factors to childhood obesity in communities of color, the stigma attached to obesity, and how culture impacts body image standards.
- Callie Crossley, Radio and TV Host, WGBH
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, WGBH News
- Kim McLarin, assistant professor of writing, Emerson College
- Dr. Fatima Cody Stanford, Obesity Medicine & Clinical Fellow, MGH
- Kristin Dukes, professor of psychology, Simmons College