Basic Black Live: Higher Ed and Higher Aspirations
This week on Basic Black we look at issues in higher education including:
- Affirmative action hangs in the balance at the US Supreme Court - what's at stake?
- What happens when the financial demands of the for-profit college industry intersects the goals African American struggle for education?
- How diverse is the leadership in the halls of the Ivy League?
- Callie Crossley, host, Under The Radar, 89.7 WGBH Radio
- Kim McLarin, author, Divorce Dog: Men, Motherhood, and Midlife
- Peniel Joseph, professor of history, Tufts University
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, 89.7 WGBH Radio
(Photo: People supporting the University of Texas rally outside the Supreme Court in Washington, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012. The Supreme Court is taking up a challenge to a University of Texas program that considers race in some college admissions. The case could produce new limits on affirmative action at universities, or roll it back entirely. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)