Basic Black After The Broadcast: The Boston Mayoral Race 2013
April 5, 2013
After the broadcast the conversation continued: With Mayor Menino's announcement that he would not seek a sixth term, the race for the next mayor of Boston has officially begun. Even as the slate of candidates takes shape, questions are emerging, among them: what is the opportunity for emerging leaders of color; what are the benefits to the city of Boston of new leadership, regardless of race; has the Menino administration left anything undone in communities of color that can now be addressed?
- Callie Crossley, host, Under The Radar, WGBH
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, 89.7 WGBH Radio
- Kim McLarin, assistant professor of writing, literature, and publishing, Emerson College
- Kevin C. Peterson, founder/director, New Democracy Coalition
- John Barros, executive director, Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative