Basic Black Live: The Supreme Court Upholds the Affordable Care Act
Originally broadcast June 29, 2012
June 28, 2012 was another historic milestone in the presidency of Barack Obama as the Supreme Court upheld the major provisions of his landmark legislation, the Affordable Care Act. Basic Black explores the implications of the ruling for communities of color and the 2012 presidential election. Later in the show, a discussion of a more complicated Supreme Court ruling: Arizona’s SB1070, and its lingering impact on immigrant communities.
- Callie Crossley, host of The Callie Crossley Show, 89.7 WGBH Radio
- Kim McLarin, assistant professor of creative writing, Emerson College
- Rachel Kemp, State Committeewoman for the 2nd Suffolk District, MA Republican Party
- Cindy Rodriguez, journalist-in-residence, Emerson College
- Tito Jackson, Boston City Councillor, District 7