Basic Black After the Broadcast: The New Black Politics in Massachusetts (Part Two)
(Originally streamed June 8, 2012)
The recently published Trotter Review examines political gains made by African American politicians at the beginning of the 21st century. Also, specific essays on why Boston has not elected a black mayor while the city of Denver has done so twice, and how Deval Patrick has served the interests of black communities while not alienating the larger population.
- Latoyia Edwards, anchor, New England Cable News
- Kim McLarin, assistant professor of writing, literature and publishing, Emerson College
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, 89.7 WGBH Radio
- Ravi Perry, political science professor
- Kenneth Cooper, editor, The Trotter Review