This Week on Basic Black: The race for Massachusetts' next governor
October 17, 2014
Democrat Martha Coakley and Republican Charlie Baker are in a dead heat in the governor's race. The margin of error in the polls for both candidates is slim, but can voters in communities of color fill the margin with a victory, sending one of them to the governor's office. This week on Basic Black, we look at how the candidates for governor are delivering their message to communities of color in a race to the finish line on November 4.
- Latoyia Edwards, Anchor, New England Cable News
- Phillip Martin, Senior Reporter, WGBH News
- Peniel Joseph, Professor of History, Tufts University
- Marcela Garcia, Regular Contributor to the Boston Globe's Editorial and Op-Ed Pages
- Paul Watanabe, Director of the Institute for Asian American Studies, UMass, Boston