April 10, 2014
WGBH Wins Six Telly AwardsBOSTON, Mass. (April 10, 2014)–WGBH Boston—PBS’s largest producer—has won six 2014 Telly Awards, honoring the very best film and video productions, groundbreaking online video content, and outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs. Antiques Roadshow and four WGBH Lifestyle productions—Moveable Feast with Fine Cooking, Lidia Celebrates America, Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac, and Simply Ming—all received honors.
“Congratulations to everyone involved with these WGBH award-winning productions,” said WGBH President and CEO Jon Abbott. “These awards recognize WGBH’s long-standing tradition of creating programming that expand our horizons, feed our appetite for learning, and enrich our lives every single day.”
A list of all WGBH 2014 Telly Award-winners follows:
· Antiques Roadshow, one of WGBH’s iconic national productions, won a Silver Telly for “Corpus Christi Hour 1” in the TV Program, Segment, or Promotional Pieces – Miscellaneous category. The 11-time Emmy Award-nominated series currently is airing its 18th season.
· Moveable Feast with Fine Cooking, a WGBH Lifestyle Unit co-production with Fine Cooking magazine, was awarded two Tellys: a Silver Telly for “Westport” in the TV Program, Segment, or Promotional Pieces – Videography/Cinematography category, and a Bronze Telly for “Outstanding in the Field” in the TV Program, Segment, or Promotional Pieces – Documentary category. Hosted by chef Pete Evans, Moveable Feast explores the new trend of pop-up cooking where featured chefs have a day to source the finest local ingredients and join forces to prepare a multi-course menu for an eclectic and enthusiastic group of foodies. Season two is slated to premiere on WGBH 2 and PBS stations nationwide in the fall.
· Lidia Celebrates America: Freedom & Independence, a special Fourth of July WGBH Lifestyle Unit co-production with Tavola Productions,won a Bronze Telly in the TV Program, Segment, or Promotional Pieces – Documentary category.
· Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac, America’s top woodworking series produced by WGBH, was recognized with a Silver Telly in the TV Program, Segment, or Promotional Pieces – Information category. Hosted by Tommy MacDonald, the series is currently in production for a fifth season to premiere this fall.
· Award-winning Simply Ming with celebrated chef Ming Tsai added a Bronze Telly to its mantel for “Duff Goldman and Caramel” in the TV Program, Segment, or Promotional Pieces – Information category. The series will premiere its 12thseason this fall.
WGBH serves New England, the nation, and the world with educationally rich, entertaining content innovatively produced for TV, radio, the Web, mobile, and emerging platforms. Millions of people count on WGBH productions and services, turning to us for programs that reflect the interests and issues that matter.
WGBH Boston is America’s preeminent public broadcaster and the largest producer of PBS content for TV and the Web, including Masterpiece, Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, Nova, American Experience, Arthur, Curious George, and more than a dozen other prime-time, lifestyle, and children’s series. WGBH’s television channels include WGBH 2, WGBX 44, and the digital channels World and Create. WGBH TV productions focusing on the region’s diverse community include Greater Boston, Basic Black, and High School Quiz Show. WGBH Radio serves listeners across New England with 89.7 WGBH Boston Public Radio; 99.5 WCRB; and WCAI, the Cape and Islands NPR® Station. WGBH also is a major source of programs for public radio (among them, PRI’s The World®), a leader in educational multimedia (including PBS LearningMedia™, providing the nation’s educators with free, curriculum-based digital content), and a pioneer in technologies and services that make media accessible to deaf, hard of hearing, blind, and visually impaired audiences. WGBH has been recognized with hundreds of honors: Emmys, Peabodys, duPont-Columbia Awards and Oscars. Find more information at wgbh.org.