Basic Black: PTSD and The Lingering Impact of Violence
February 14, 2014
Conversations about gun violence usually center around criminal justice strategies and gun control, but often lost in the debate is the connection to public health. Last week, Pro Publica, the non-profit investigative journalism news organization published a piece by Lois Beckett, entitled, The PTSD Crisis That's Being Ignored: Americans Wounded in Their Own Neighborhoods. As the spike in shootings makes headlines in Boston, our Basic Black conversation focuses on the public health impact to communities in the wake of gun violence.
- Callie Crossley, Host, Under the Radar with Callie Crossley, WGBH Radio
- Kim McLarin, author and Assistant Professor of Writing, Emerson College
- Peniel Joseph, Professor of History, Tufts University
- Phillip Martin, Senior Reporter, WGBH News
- Lisa Moore, Counselor and Clinical Assistant Professor, Boston University School of Social Work