Basic Black Live After The Broadcast: Charles Ramsey, race, class, and social media (part 2)
May 10, 2013
After the broadcast, our conversation delved deeper into the Charles Ramsey episode and what it said about class, stereotypes, the role of social media (would Rodney King have been autotuned?) and connections within African American communities.
- Callie Crossley, host of Under The Radar, 89.7 WGBH Radio
- Peniel Joseph, professor of history, Tufts University
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, WGBH Radio
- Kim McLarin, author, Divorce Dog: Men, Motherhood, and Midlife
- Michael Jeffries, assistant professor of American Studies, Wellesley College