Basic Black Live: Teenage girls and violence
April 13, 2013
Some very high-profile crimes, including the stabbing of a mother pushing her baby in a stroller, have heightened the awareness of young girls as perpetrators of violence; this within the month of April, which is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month and we're at the end of International Anti-Harassment Week. This week on Basic Black, our conversation will look at young women on both ends of the spectrum of violence.
- Callie Crossley, host, Under the Radar, WGBH Radio
- Phillip Martin, senior reporter, WGBH Radio
- Kim McLarin, assistant professor of writing, literature, and publishing, Emerson College
- Dr. Myechia Minter-Jordan, chief medical officer, Dimock Community Health Center
- Meghan Irons, reporter, The Boston Globe