By Jared Bowen
As New England’s only full-time arts reporter on television, radio, and the Web, I regularly bring you the backstories behind the extraordinary arts at our doorstep and across our region.
Today, I’m thrilled to welcome you to our newest platform: WGBHArts.org. We’ll steer you toward all that’s fresh, relevant and fun for the summer arts season.
I’ve created a regular blog, Caught in the Act, and will curate exclusive content from a team of arts bloggers (check them out!).
We’ll go behind the scenes of the big events happening this summer:
- June: The national Theatre Communications Group Conference: Think of it as Boston landing the theater Olympics. Some 1,500 artistic directors will be there, and so will I.
- July: Mark your calendar for July 27 – 29 for The Boston Globe WGBH Summer Arts Weekend presented by Citizens Bank—a big outdoor musicpalooza featuring Suzanne Vega, Sierra Hull and many more great talents.
- August: Tanglewood celebrates its 75th-anniversary and the Berkshires is alive with the sound of great music.
Stick with us as we cover the mainstream—I already have a date with Batman, Catwoman, and a big tub of popcorn—and as we unearth the hidden gems in your own communities…like local superstar Kathy St. George channeling Judy Garland in Stoneham.
My WGBHArts.org summer to-do list includes:
- A chat with renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz at the Concord Museum
- Conducting the first-ever TV interview with cheeky British sculptor Gary Webb—he’s making his US museum debut at the deCordova
- And see if I move like Jackson as Cirque du Soleil interprets the King of Pop at the Garden.
We’ll be first in line to cover the latest theater, dance and film…thumb through books for the best beach reads…and survey museums and galleries for the newest openings.
Read, watch, listen. Then use our ArtsBoston calendar to plan your summer schedule.
The art of enjoying the summer just got a whole lot easier, with WGBHArts.org as your guide.
Comment on This Article
About GeneralArtSceNE news and comment
About the AuthorJared Bowen
Jared Bowen is an Emmy-winning reporter with WGBH-TV’s nightly news magazine program, Greater Boston with Emily Rooney.