With the final weeks of the year upon, it's time for year-end “best-of” lists. This being Boston, we're looking at books. Just in time to add these gems to your holiday shopping list for the bookworm in your life, Bookfinds.com's Jocelyn Kelley and Brookline Booksmith's Evan Perriello share their picks for the best of the year.
• Blood, Bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
• Blue Nights by Joan Didion
• Rin Tin Tin by Susan Orlean
• Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller
• Bossypants by Tina Fey
• The Great Big Book of Horrible Things by Matthew White
• Revolution by Deb Olin Unferth
• Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer?
• Pilgrimage by Annie Liebowitz?
• The Other Walk by Sven Birkerts
• Townie by Andre Dubus III
• Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff
• Basketball Junkie by Chris Herron
• Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero by Chris Matthews
• Man in the Rockefeller Suit by Mark Seal
• The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
• The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
• Swamplandia by Karen Russell
• State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
• Blueprint for Building Better Girls by Elissa Schappell
• The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
• The Iliad, translated by Stephen Mitchell
• Binocular Visions by Edith Pearlman
• Lost Memory of Skin by Russell Banks
• Witches on the Road Tonight by Sheri Holman
BOOKS FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND KIDS
• Divergent by Veronica Roth
• Dear Bully edited by Megan Kelley Hall and Carrie Jones
• Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnell
• Steampunk!, edited by Kelly Link and Gavin Grant
• I Want My Hat Back by John Klassen
Sign-up for WGBH Food & Wine updates, WGBH promotions, and previews of what's coming up on WGBH TV.