By WGBH News
What are you reading this summer? These are some recommendations from Emily Rooney's panel — including your input.
JOCELYN KELLEY’S PICKS
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
- The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
- Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon
- Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead
- The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D. by Nichole Bernier
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- The Mansion of Happiness by Jill Lepore
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- Imagine by Jonah Lehrer
- Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
YOUNG ADULT: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
ELIN HILDERBRAND’S PICKS
- This Bright River by Patrick Somerville — This I have not actually read but I'm dying to read.
- Arcadia by Lauren Groff
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- The Forgotten Waltz by Anne Enright
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
- Island Practice by Pam Belluck
- Townie by Andre Dubus III
- Mrs. Nixon by Ann Beattie — Technically this is fiction, but if anyone's read it, it sort of defies category.
Lulu Powers Food to Flowers: Simple, Stylish Food for Easy Entertaining
Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
OTHER GUESTS' PICKS
Steve Almond picked Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.
Donna Eden Cohen recommended Bottom of the 33rd by Dan Barry.
Kathryn Flynn says The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg is a great non-self-help book for people who want to take better care of themselves.
She also picked The Kissing List by Stephanie Reents.
Casey Sherman suggested both James Bradley's The Imperial Cruise and The Fallen Angel by Daniel Silva.
Margaret Howell, via Twitter
Drift by Rachel Maddow
Birth 2012 and Beyond by Barbara Marx Hubbard
Was by Geoff Ryman
Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson
Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention by Manning Marable
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
The Vegas Knockout by Tom Schreck
The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeanette Walls
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross
The Brass Bonanza Plays Again by Robert Muldoon
The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje
The Temporary Detective by Joanne Sidney Lessner
Louis D. Brandeis: A Biography by Melvin Urofsky
In the Blue Light of African Dreams by Paul Watkins
Comment on This Article
About WGBH Summer ReadingWhat are you reading this summer? WGBH hosts and staff share their choices — and you can share yours.
About the AuthorWGBH News
The WGBH News team comprises the WGBH radio newsroom, The Callie Crossley Show, The Emily Rooney Show and WGBH Channel 2 reporters and producers from Greater Boston and Basic Black.
News updates from WGBH